Wednesday 16 June 2010

You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore.

Njal's got the right 'ump.  He says I've been neglecting him, and I suppose he's right.  I haven't come back to his armour now for a couple of days, but I think with good reason.

The truth is, I'm so close to finishing the Nobz (tomorrow night with a fair wind and a bit of luck), that I just want to get them out of the way so that I can spend a couple or three days concentrating on Njal before I start work on the Deff Koptas.

The Orks are doing tremendously well, with loads of work done on them today, and here are the pictures to prove it...






Firstly, I managed to complete the Goblin Green layer on their skin (above).





And then I finished the skin off with a 3:1 layer of Sunburst Yellow and Goblin Green (again, above).



After that, I painted the eyes (Blood Red, Sunburst Yellow dot, Baal Red wash) and the auspexes (at least I think that's what they're called - basically the lenses in the Orky bionic eyes).  I'm really proud of the way that these turned out.  I used a very basic method of Regal Blue followed by Enchanted Blue, with a final highlight of Ice Blue before adding the essential Skull White dot of reflection.

After that, I began work on the teeth / nails / hair / bandages (pretty much anything that was left, really...).  I ran out of time on these, but began with a coat of Bestial Brown and a highlight of Snakebite Leather.  Tomorrow these will all be finished off with highlights of 1:1 Snakebite Leather and Bleached Bone, Bleached Bone and Skull White.

So as not to waste a second, I also used PVA glue to stick the gravel to the bases, so that - left overnight - they'll be ready to blast with Bestial Brown and Bleached Bone tomorrow.

When all of these odds and ends are finished, I just need to paint the one or two skulls and the blades of the power axes.  For both of these, I'm going to try the formula for painting the stone on Njal's base.  I'll then decide whether to add any bolts of electricity to the power axe blades.  I probably will, maybe an etherial green....

Lots of bitty things left, but hopefully, like I said, finished by the end of tomorrow.

One final photo tonight, to show off one of the pretty lenses...



And then Njal, all my time will be devoted to you.

I can almost hear him now.  'I know you love me, but are you in love with me?'

Give me strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment