Wednesday 2 June 2010

Blimey, He's a Big Boy...

A bit of a quiet hobby night last night to celebrate the finishing of the Ork Boyz.

I managed to get Njal's base undercoated and basecoated Charadon Granite.  Tomorrow I hope to complete the three or four layers of drybrushing recommended by the 'Eavy Metal team before I have a go at snowing the base.  I think a very small bit at a time as I don't want my Rune Priest looking like the groom on a wedding cake.

I also managed to assemble the five Ork Nobz from the Black Reach box and fit the heavy guns and backpacks to the two remaining Ork Boyz (who are completely painted apart from said guns, backpacks and heads).

As you can tell, I'm very much up for painting the rest of the Ork force before doing any more Blood Bowl miniatures.

Hopefully I should be able to fit in some work on my Space Wolves while I'm waiting for various bits and pieces to dry on the Orks - It'll definitely be handy to spend a while on Njal, instead of trying to rush him in a couple of days.

Despite all this, no painting tonight as The Green Glade Hackers have a game at the Chelmsford Bunker against an Ogre team.

I'm  very much looking forward to playing them, as I've never seen them in action before.  I really know very little about Ogre teams, but I'm imagining three or four Ogres and then about a hundred Snotlings.  Looking at the skills, Snotlings look even 'Dodge-ier' (see what I did there?) than I am.

I'll post the results and highlights as soon as I can.

Just stay away from the Ogres.  Stay away from the Ogres.  Stay away from the Ogres....

2 comments:

  1. How long do you think it will take you to get even close to 1000pts of Space Wolves? Good luck with the game fingers crossed the hackers dont get hacked up

    ReplyDelete
  2. A while yet, I'm afraid.

    Even without taking the painting into account, I still need a battle force, a squad of Long Fangs and a Wold Guard Terminator squad...

    ReplyDelete