Sunday 6 June 2010

Bleaaaaargh!


Okay, the cold seems to have spread beyond the confines of the nursery and has infested the rest of the house, including my wife and I.

I feel terrible today.

But, with the mantra of 'I'm a Space Wolf, I'm a Space Wolf...' running through my head, I still managed to get a bit of painting done.

I'm still not 100% happy with Njal's base, but I think there's not much more I can do, really.  I think it should look quite nice when the Stormcaller is painted and mounted on it, although there may be a few final touches to add when he is...



Above is a photo of the almost-finished base, to which I added a touch more white (as well as some grey stippling) before tidying it up:



And of course, not forgetting the Nobz:




Now, all I managed to do on these in my snot-fuelled misery today was to apply the next wash, Devlan Mud.  According to my usual method for Orky armour, I should then paint on some glyphs before a bright highlight, dirtied-up afterwards with even more Devlan Mud.

However, I'm having to decide whether or not to do the glyphs (and the extra washing that would be involved), because the armour is starting to look very nice as it is - and there aren't as many flat areas to mark up as there are on the standard Boyz.

I'm sure I'll be posting all about my decision tomorrow, but until then, sleep (and Strepsils) are calling me...


No comments:

Post a Comment