Tuesday 22 June 2010

Some Notes On Colours.

While I wait for a wash to dry on Njal's stone talismans and Crux Terminatus, I thought I'd just make a note of some of the colours I've used, but not published yet:

Wolf Fur:

Exactly as the wolf's head, but with a final extreme highlight of Codex Grey at the edges, followed by a watered-down wash of Devlan Mud over the whole cloak.

Wolf Skin (Underside of Cloak):

Scab Red.
Gradually highlighted up with Codex Grey.
Devlan Mud Wash (Thinned).

Wolf Eyes:

Blazing Orange, highlighted with
Golden Yellow, then
Sunburst Yellow.
Chaos Black pupils.
Thinned Devlan Mud Wash to tone down yellows.

Gold:

1:1 Mix of Shining Gold and Scorched Brown.
1:1 Mix of Scorched Brown and Badab Black, applied as a wash.
Shining Gold, highlighted with
Burnished Gold, then
Mithril Silver.
Badab Black Wash in recesses.

Those are what I've used so far, if anyone is interested.  If you want details of the armour and wolf's head, you can go back and read about them in some of my earlier posts.

For now though, back to the (grind) stone...

No comments:

Post a Comment