Wednesday 16 June 2010

TA-DAAAAAAA!


The Nobz (and heavy weapons Boyz) are finished!  Hurrah!  Break out the banners!  Let the flags unfurl!  Pour the champagne!

Alright, so it's not that exciting, but it does mean that I've only got four more miniatures to paint before completing the Black Reach box-set.

Okay, the 'four miniatures' happen to be three rather large Deff Koptas and a massively-detailed Ork Warboss, but the end is in sight!

And here they are:







A couple of points though - Obviously I was so eager to eat my celebratory bacon sandwich that I took the photographs before the Bestial Brown around the bases had dried (I promise it's dry now!).  Also, I liked the look of the power axes as they were (and don't ever recall seeing lightning on Orky ones) so I left them without any complex electrical decoration.

One final point about them - we're not out of the woods yet.  I still have to varnish them tomorrow and if last time's disaster is anything to go by, I may be back here tomorrow night, touching up the metals and the browns.

It'll definitely be a light spray in the morning.

I've decided to hold off on painting any more Orks until next Monday, giving me four days to concentrate on Njal (that might stop him moaning).  Mind you, there is an England game on Friday night, so there'll be no painting then, and I'm not around on Saturday night either, so I bet the Stormcaller still won't be happy.

I told him to shut up and do the ironing.  I don't think he's speaking to me now.

2 comments:

  1. Mate they look awsome and you are getting some time with e your Space Wolf army at long last. have you had many thoughts on company markings ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll just be the Sven Bloodhowl Great Company transfer on the left shoulder and then a selection of appropriately-coloured, jagged patterns on the right to depict the specific packs - it's all very basic for the Space Wolves - no numbering or anything like that if the Codex is anything to go by...

    ReplyDelete