Saturday 26 June 2010

Just a Bit of a Break...

I've decided that I've started to become a bit impatient and rushed while painting Njal.

Not because I'm desperate to get him out of the way - on the contrary, I'm really enjoying painting him - but because I'm getting too complacent with the smaller details.

The black piping is a great example.  I have vowed to go back and repaint it properly, but I'm going to take the night off painting tonight so that I can come back to it tomorrow and concentrate a little bit better.

With this in mind, to stop me rushing when it comes to the arms and raven (yet to be attached), I am going to stop painting Njal once the main body is finished and then go on to paint the three Deff Koptas that come in the Black Reach box-set.

Once they are done, I'll come back to the rest of Njal before starting on the Ork Warboss - after all, Njal is standing on his base at the moment, so I can't start him until Njal is finished anyway!

Anyway, I'm off now to meditate on how much work is needed to become a Golden Demon winner...

1 comment:

  1. yeah some times a rest will give you a new outlook on the model and allow you to see new ways of painting ect. Dont leav it to long that you do not want to go back though.

    ReplyDelete