Wednesday 9 June 2010

Steaming Through.


I'm very happy with the rate at which I'm getting through the Ork Nobz today.

I have managed to finish all of the browns and have moved onto the white tops.

If anyone is interested, this is how I painted the brown:

Scorched Brown.
Devlan Mud wash.
Bestial Brown.
1:1 Bestial Brown / Snakebite Leather.
Snakebite Leather.
Thin Devlan Mud wash.
Re-apply Snakebite Leather highlight.

And if anyone is STILL interested in this blog after that, this is how I'm doing the whites:

Space Wolves Grey.
Two applications of Ogryn Flesh wash.
2:1 Ogryn Flesh / Space Wolves Grey.
2:1:1 Ogryn Flesh / Space Wolves Grey / Skull White.
Skull White highlight.
Two applications of Gryphonne Sepia.
Re-apply the Skull White highlight.

So far, I've just applied the second coat of Ogryn Flesh and will let that dry overnight:





Meanwhile, I managed to apply the first layer onto Njal Stormcaller last night - a 1:1:1 mix of Kommando Khaki, Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey.

The next coat, due tonight, was a 1:1 mix of Scorched Brown and Shadow Grey to be carefully painted as a shade along the joins in the armour.  I didn't get time to do this tonight though, as I was quite haphazard with the first coat (I always am, I don't really see a reason not to be) and I thought I should neaten it up a little before doing the next, rather tricky part.  So, that said, I spent the rest of tonight painting Chaos Black onto all of the various runes and teeth and bits of fur where I had painted outside the lines:





But there he is, proof that I've now actually started my Space Wolves army.  Rooooooaaaaaaar!

No comments:

Post a Comment