Monday 21 June 2010

It's Just Like Falling In Love Again.



Despite, what I wrote late last week - something to do with blah, blah, blah, start the Deff Koptas on Monday, blah, blah - I've decided that I'm having so much fun painting Njal that I'm going to plough on with him for a while.

That's not to say that I'll get him finished before I start anything else though.  I need to get the Orks completed and there's still a good week or so left on Njal, if I carry on being as careful as I am at the moment.

As I write this, the wolf-skin is all but finished, with just the animal's claws and lips to be done - but I've stopped on those bits for now because the claws will be the same colour as the teeth that Njal has hanging all over his armour so I want to paint them all together.  However, they are very small, fiddly bits which should ideally be done after all of the main areas of colour have been completed.

With that in mind, I'm just waiting for a wash to dry on the gold decorations on the Terminator suit and will disappear very shortly to get those highlighted.

And then, finally, there'll be a more up-to-date picture of the Stormcaller...

[More than a couple of minutes later...]

I've done the gold - and so here are a couple of pictures:




Just after I took these, I decided to wash Badab Black into some of the sockets and recesses of the gold parts to define them a bit more.  As to whether it'll look any good (it's a little bit off-piste from the 'Eavy Metal Masterclass), remains to be seen tomorrow, when it's dry...

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with the way it's all going - which is a very good sign at this awkward stage, when there are lots of part-done bits.  I find that morale-wise, this is the hardest part to keep yourself going on because for all of the hard work put into the miniature so far, it still looks very scrappy, with lots of mistakes and bits that have been overlooked.

All I need to do though is to keep my head down and hopefully by the end of tomorrow, the Crux Terminatus and the rest of the stone parts will be done.  That will just leave... well, still quite a lot!

(And let's not even mention that he's still missing arms and a Psyber Raven!)

No comments:

Post a Comment