Thursday 3 June 2010

Battered, Bruised, But Technically Unbeaten...

Wow, it's was a great night of Blood Bowl last night.

The advertised match against the Ogre team (four Ogres and eight Snotlings, if I recall correctly) was great fun and I just about managed to cling to a 2-2 draw.  I took the lead fairly early on, but everytime I was ahead, I somehow let my advantage slip away, despite some hideously unlucky Bone-Head rolls on the part of the Ogres.

Still, it means that the Hackers remain unbeaten with the safe walls of the Bunker - it just seems to be when they play outside that the bigger boys come and steal their ball...

My opponent scored a moral victory however, pledging to kill one Elf for every touchdown they scored - and he did indeed kill two of the unfortunate tree-huggers.  I also would like to claim a small moral victory though, in that both of my Wardancers were still standing at the end of the match (although one had spent a long time lingering in the Knocked-Out box...).

All-in-all, a great game against a great opponent, and lots of lessons learned.

But the carnage didn't end there!

As my tired Wood Elves limped off the pitch, a brash young High Elf team stormed out and threw down a challenge.  We were tired, aching and in need of some bark tea by the fireside, but we have never turned down a match.

'Bring it on,' we cried!  'But gently, please.'

In the end, we won a storming 4-2 victory over the upstarts, but not without losing a couple more Elves along the way.  They were tougher than us, but slower, which helped a lot!  In the end, our fast, nimble, passing game won the day.

And now for that tea...

3 comments:

  1. Nice one mate good work haging tough against the ogres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaat Darren hasn't mentioned is that the guy he was playing against is a club tournament champion. Getting a draw against him is good going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mention that because I didn't actually know! He did once come 19th at the GT with a Wood Elf team, but to be honest, I think he said he was fairly new to Ogres. But hey, Go Hackers!

    ReplyDelete