Tuesday 15 June 2010

Some Notes On Skin Colour.

I'm almost there now with the Orky skin after completing another two layers tonight.  I've just got the final layers of Goblin Green and then the Goblin Green / Sunburst Yellow mix to go.

The 'Eavy Metal team advise that for most Orks, you should stop at the Goblin Green highlight, saving the Sunburst Yellow mix for characters such as Warbosses, in order that they stand out from the crowd.

Although I definitely agree with this in principle, I've always enjoyed having really bright, almost cartoon-esque greens in my green-skin armies.  Because of this, I follow the same idea but paint the really important Orks with an even brighter highlight (but extremely subtly so).

Anyway, here are my Nobz after their 1:1 coat of Dark Angels Green and Goblin Green:



And then again after the 3:1 mix of Goblin Green and Dark Angels Green:





Still, doing all of that meant no time for Njal tonight, but hopefully more on his adventures tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment