Wednesday 23 June 2010

Oh Dear.

Well, I knew it was all going a bit too well with Njal...  We now seem to have hit our first hurdle.

I was painting the gun holster and right shoulder-pad last night, trying to get it to a similar browny-yellow that the 'Eavy Metal Njal is painted and had a couple of mishaps.

Well, the first was entirely intentional.  There was a huge blemish on the armour next to the holster which I originally thought was part of the model, but have since realised should not be there.  It was too big to simply file away, so I had to attack it with the clippers (yes, the clippers!).  Luckily, although I couldn't remove it completely, I managed to file it down so that it may pass as part of the holster, with only very minimal damage to the already-painted armour around it.

As there are several mistakes on some bits of the armour that I need to tidy up at the end of the paint, I'm just going to have to pretend that I can't see it at the moment and come back to it later.  It does however detract from Njal when you look at the progress so far.

Still, it could have been so much worse.

Anyway, after that, I made a start on the holster and blended it rather nicely up to a mix of Dheneb Stone and Golden Yellow.  Overall, it didn't look bad, but was far too bright and a bit too similar to the yellow on the shoulders of many 'normal' Space Wolves that you see.

I thought, 'I'll fix that.  I'm going to drown it in a wash.'

Bad move.

I've basically undone all of the work I did last night and now have to pretty much start those bits again - although thankfully, looking at it now, it doesn't seem as bad as it did last night...

But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment