Wednesday 21 July 2010

On My Feet... Just...


Well, I'm up and painting at last, although even now I can still feel Nurgle's slime-ridden, knobbly fingers pawing at my shoulder.

I think one of his finger-boils just burst pus into my ear...

Still, I'll not be beaten!  That said, this is just a quick post before I crawl back into bed.

Okay, where to start?

First of all, I've finished the metals on Wazzdakka, with (if I do say so myself) some rather lovely weathering on some bits of it.

I think (but can't be sure until tomorrow when the wash has dried) that I've also finished his reddy-brown trousers.  I wanted something quite dark to keep in with the pallette of the rest of the army, but then also something that was a little bit richer and would stand out more.







I then left him for the night while I carried on painting my test-Wolf,  Fell Fang.

Ater applying the initial basecoat of 1:1 Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey, I then applied a 1:1 wash of Scorched Brown and Fenris Grey (not Shadow Grey as I believe I said in an earlier post).

The White Dwarf painting guide then just asks for a Space Wolves Grey highlight, but I found the wash I'd put on seemed very rough and rather messy, so I have decided that - you know what - this is MY army.  I'm not going to spend months painting armies for other people only to do a quick get-'em-on-the-table job on my own.

God knows, I've spent so long this far on them, there's no point in rushing now.

So, that said, I re-applied the basecoat to tidy up the wash and then I intend to highlight up with Space Wolves Grey and then a 1:1 Space Wolves Grey / Skull White mix.

This is actually very similar to the scheme used on Njal, but the key difference is that the mixes are much simpler.  When I come to paint the bulk of my army, I am considering dropping the 'wash' into the recesses, and simply painting the shading in, which although it is a lengthy process, cuts the tidy-up stage drastically.

We'll see how it goes on that one...

Anyway, here he is so far:






Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Its all looking really good mate, like the metal (as always) on the ork. I always struggle to get a good highlight on spacemairnes there armour is just to flat that said a good Delvan Mud wash works wonders :D

    ReplyDelete