Saturday 3 July 2010

Gentlemen, Paint Your Engines!


Wow, after a tremendously busy few days of painting, I can definitely see the light at the end of the Orky tunnel.

By the end of last night, I had managed to finish off the Ork Deff Kopta pilots, leaving me to then throw myself madly into painting their insane flying machines.



As you can see, they're not looking too bad so far...

But that was just last night.

Today I have managed to (almost) complete two out of the five painting stages listed on the Games Workshop website.

Rather simply, I have painted Scab Red onto all of the red bits, and Boltgun Metal and Tin Bitz onto all of the metallic parts, leaving the remainder of the Kopta bodies Chaos Black.

Now, I have thrown on a liberal wash of Badab Black (about 40% water) over everything except the pilots and am waiting for it to dry before I can do the same to the undersides.

After that, it is simply a case of doing a couple of layers of highlights, basing, and a few of bits of rag and material that aren't really covered in the original painting guide.

And then, done... And onto the Warboss!!

(After he has managed to somehow take down Njal, who has claimed his base for his own...)

More pictures tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment