Saturday 10 July 2010

More Pieces of Eight.

Just a brief update before I pack up for the night...

The raven is finished.  Except it isn't.  Except it is.  Almost.

I've decided that neither the red cables nor the blue eye (not shown in the picture below) are striking enough against the dark feathers, so the first job tomorrow night will be to lighten them up a little bit with an extra highlight - although I will probably re-paint the blue eye completely, starting one or two shades of blue higher, then highlighting to almost white.

After that, I'll begin the Terminator armour on Njal's arms while at the same time touching up the various errors on the main body's armour.  I'm not sure I'll get all of that finished by the end of tomorrow night though as there are several layers to paint and it needs to be very smoothly highlighted...

Anyway, here is the Stormcaller so far:


Oh, and in case you've ever wondered how many paints it's possible to use on one raven...



Hopefully, more news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment