Thursday 29 July 2010

The Canis Helix


Ah... In these unassuming grey containers lies the very life-blood of the Space Wolves Chapter...

You know what, I can't make this exciting.  Truth be told, mixing paint is only marginally less dull than watching it dry, but now the job is done and my Great Howling's armour mixes are ready to go.

The funny thing is though, when I put these paints away tonight, I discovered to my amusement that I was carrying them with the care and awe-struck wonder of - I don't know - an embryo from Jurassic Park or something!

Anyway, no excuse for not starting my Space Marines now...

Well, apart from the Blood Bowl teams:



The black armour is all but done on them, but the more I look at them, the more I think they'll benefit from one final hard-edged highlight of Space Wolves Grey.  This idea is quite a depressing one because, as the highlight has to be so neat, it is going to take a tremendous amount of time to apply to twenty-four miniatures.  In fact, I would imagine it'll take at least all of my painting time tomorrow, if not half of the weekend as well.

I shouldn't mind, but while I'm painting the black, it's difficult to see much progress when it's sitting next to a black undercoat.  I just can't wait to get some proper colour on them.

But then I always said that the first and most important thing to painting miniatures well is patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment