Saturday 24 July 2010

Wazzdakka's Kumin' Ter Get Yer...


Or at least he will be very soon!

All is proceeding ahead of plan so far, so he should be finished by Sunday night, all being well.




Really proud of him at the moment and I've not even touched up any of the fine details yet.  As you can see from the picture, once the glue on the head is dry, I just need to paint the flesh on his face and in his mouth, the metal gubbinz on his head as well as the auspex glass.  After that, the hair, teeth and remaining bony bits (including the skull on the base) will all be painted in the same colour as on the Ork boyz - which luckily passes quite well for hair and teeth and... er... bony bits...

Finally, I just have a couple of bits of cabling that I need to do, but I'm not sure what colour to paint these as I don't want too much red or black.  The trouble is, I don't really know what colours will complement the pallette without clashing.

Then of course it'll be time for the touch-up of all of those little mistakes before painting round the edge of the base and blasting him with varnish.

Really, when I write it all down, there sounds like there's still quite a lot to do...



Meanwhile, on Fenris...

DISASTER!!

I went into GW today to buy the paints I need for the Great Howling (yes, they were open!!), but they have run out of Space Wolves Grey paint.  It's a conspiracy, I swear!

The more worrying thing is, I searched for it on the GW website, but it is no longer listed with the rest of the paints - it simply does not appear in their product range anymore.

No need to panic yet though as I'm sure it's just out of stock - or something to do with their rebranding of the paints - I noticed in the shop today that the colour paints are now starting to be sold in the same pot design as the washes and Foundation paints.  This is brilliant for two reasons.  Firstly, the smaller pots will fit into my case much better (hurrah!) and secondly, because the new pot lids are clear plastic, so it'll be much easier to pick out the colour that I'm looking for (double hurrah!!).

Still, I will not sleep easy until I manage to get my hands on some more precious Space Wolves Grey...

No comments:

Post a Comment