Tuesday 27 July 2010

New Day, New Project

Well, here we go again!  Something new to start.

While I'm still waiting for Games Workshop to solve the seemingly national Space Wolves Grey paint shortage, I've left my army on the back-burner and have started to paint a Human and an Orc Blood Bowl team:





Yes, you heard right.  Started to.

Why then, are they still on the sprues?

Well, let me explain...

I have recently wondered whether it would be more efficient to paint the Blood Bowl teams on their sprues, simply because it is much neater and less cluttered in my work area, and it should be easier to paint them underneath without a base getting in the way.  This will be the first time I've ever tried this, so I'll keep you all posted as to whether it's worth doing in the future.  I have, obviously left only the bottoms of their feet attached to the sprues lest I should end up spending months touching them up after clipping them off!

Again, I repeat, I've started them.

Although it's not very obvious from the pictures, I have already basecoated the many black areas of the miniatures with a 1:1 mix of Regal Blue and Chaos Black.  These will all be painted in a much darker pallette than my last set, and as I have always found black more tricky than most colours to paint well, I thought that I'd have to come out from under the bed and face my fears head-on.

With a bit of luck, disaster will not ensue.

Anyway, to help me in this up-hill task, I'm refering to part of the Daemon Prince 'Eavy Metal Masterclass in this month's White Dwarf magazine:





(Apologies for the blurred cover photo - must be emanations from the Warp...)

I'm not sure whether I'll make the etherial glow quite so pronounced, after all these are not Chaos teams I'm painting!  But I knew before I saw this article that I wanted a purple hue to the highlights, so it could well be ideal...

Tonight, I hope to start highlighting up with a Regal Blue layer, before adding a thinned wash of Badab Black to the same areas...

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment