Friday 23 July 2010

Space Wolves Grey: The Colour Of Compromise

The board is set and the pieces are moving... Well, actually, there isn't even a board, let alone pieces...!

BUT!  I have finally pinned down the colour scheme for my Space Wolves armour, and I think it strikes a good balance between looking good and being fairly quick:

  1. Spray with a 1:1 mix of Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey
  2. Paint a 1:1 mix of Fenris Grey and Scorched Brown into the recesses
  3. Neaten up the previous stage with the mix from Stage 1
  4. Drybrush with Space Wolves Grey
  5. Drybrush with a 1:1 mix of Space Wolves Grey and Skull White
Now, although there are quite a lot of mixes involved in that, I intend to buy up all of the paints I need and then pre-mix them into bigger pots - so that it's much easier to keep the colours consistant.

As to where I'll find these bigger pots, I'm not quite sure what will suffice.  With that in mind, I'll hopefully be having a chat with someone from GW this afternoon... Maybe they can point me in the right direction.

Anyway, here is the result of the armour test:



He's certainly not going to win any painting competitions, but I don't think he looks too bad - especially when you consider there'll be pack markings and Great Company markings on there as well.

Yeah, not bad at all.

Oh, and here's Wazzdakka so far:


I would love to get him finished this weekend, but that will rely on me being awake enough to put in quite a late night on him tonight.  I'm just waiting for a Devlan Mud wash to dry on the brown bits before I start highlighting them up, and then it'll be the Boss plate on his front and then the skin.  After that, just a few fiddly bits...

All good at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment