Wednesday 28 July 2010

Back To Base-ics...

Well, after one of the briefest experiments since the phrase 'I wonder what would happen if...' was first uttered, I have glued the Orc and Human Blood Bowl teams to their bases.

Don't get me wrong, this method is extremely fast and efficient when it comes to getting the first couple of coats on, but the bulk of the sprues I think would make it very awkward when it comes to the fine detail work.

Even more fundamentally, it doesn't 'feel' right.  Soul-less was the first word that sprung to mind when I was trying to put my finger on the problem.

So even now, as I type this, the two teams are drying onto their bases.

In future, I will almost definitely do the same thing for the initial basecoat, but anything beyond that will be done with the players' feet firmly on the plastic ground...

And speaking of Blood Bowl, I'm mentally preparing myself (by drinking a cup of coffee and having a nice sit down) for the Green Glade Hackers' next big game tonight, against a team of Amazons.

I love playing Amazons because their Dodge skill makes them almost as tricky as my Wood Elves, so I think I'll be in for quite a challenging game.

Naturally, I'm sure a post-match report will follow soon, along with some photos of my team which, I now realise, have never featured anywhere in this blog!  The shame!!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I did wonder how that would work out for you, might try and base coat mine on the sprue then assemble are finish off

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely feels much quicker to basecoat on the sprue - psychologically, you're looking at painting four sprues instead of twenty-four minuatures - but I would assemble them once the basecoat is done.

    ReplyDelete