Saturday 31 July 2010

Back To Black

Hello and sorry it's been a couple of days.  Lots and lots of stuff going on, much of it Hobby-related, much of it lack-of-sleep related.

Anyway, where were we...?

Oh yes, painting the black armour!

Well, thinking about what I said in the last post, about it being difficult to judge blacks when they're against a black undercoat, I've decided to leave finishing off those sections until the majority of the rest of the models are painted.  Hopefully that way, I'll be able to do a much more accurate job of judging the contrast.

With that in mind, I've begun painting the trousers and gloves of the Human team a nice, sandy kind of off-white.  This was done using the same method that I used for the teeth and bone, etc. on my recent Space Orks project:

A Bestial Brown basecoat followed by
Snakebite Leather and then
a 1:1 mix of Snakebite Leather and Bleached Bone with
a highlight of pure Bleached Bone finally followed by
an extreme highlight of Skull White.

Just to smooth things over a little, after all of those stages, I've added a thinned Gryphonne Sepia wash and then tonight I hope to re-touch the highlights with Skull White.

With a bit of luck, I'll have some pictures for you later, but until then, happy painting!

3 comments:

  1. What is the overall colour scheam that you are going with for the humans??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black armour, white fabrics, gold eagles / badges, with red sashes to add a spot of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really cool can not wait to see some pictures

    ReplyDelete