Wednesday 28 July 2010

5-1! 5-1! 5-1! 5-1! (What...? AGAINST???)

Well, I suffered possibly the worst defeat I have ever had tonight.  My team was absolutely devastated by the Amazons.  The funny thing is, it's not down to us getting squished to a pulp - we only had one dead player by the end of the game (okay, it was a Wardancer, but still...) - we were simply outplayed and outclassed.

Nothing I tried against this team seemed to work, and the Hackers really felt a bit lacklustre and stale.  They just weren't playing like they usually do.

Where has the magic gone?  Of course, I blame the Coach.  I really need to come up with some new tactics and learn to be more fluid - reacting well to the situations I find myself in, rather than getting myself bogged down and trying to Block my way out of trouble - I know, Wood Elves?  Block?

I refuse to blame the dice, despite failing a tremendous amount for 2+ rolls.  After all, a good Coach will stack the odds so far in their favour that it won't matter if a few rolls go wrong.

Saying that, it was still a great game!

We managed to kill two of the opposing players in revenge for the drubbing that we were receiving, and asside from the one death and a couple of KO's, we were as sturdy as we've ever been.

I think a strong-worded team talk is needed to clear the air before we take things forward.

Bunker Bowl is approaching fast and we can be ready.  WE WILL BE READY!

GO HACKERS!!

2 comments:

  1. Well at least you still had fun. I have been on both sides of it where it was just not fun for either player.

    Delevus took me behind the wood shed in our league recently. He is a better coach than me with a better team. He ended up earning like 23 SPP compared to my 5 and left me with a dead minotaur and only 10K winnings but the week before I had destroyed the dark elf team so badly that it was not a sustainable roster. Neither of those games were fun since they both seemed like whatever the loser need to roll to make something happen always can up bad with the others player dice were golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - It was a great game against a great opponent, who was very gracious in victory, lots of fun to play against and (more importantly) never took things too seriously.

    Bring on the rematch!!

    ReplyDelete