Thursday 5 August 2010

Never Feed Them After Midnight.


I recently commented on a friend's blog that I always make it a point never to do the final touch-up phase of my miniatures last thing at night -  I'm tired, I'm rushing, I'm desperate to get them finished.

If I don't leave them and come back fresh the next morning, I can guarantee that I'll miss something important, only to notice it once the varnish has settled.

At the moment, I'm rueing this rather honourable commitment as I'm so close to finishing the Human Blood Bowl team:






Even now, I've already edged the bases with Goblin Green (the first of two thin coats, at least), so I just need to check them over thoroughly and add the transfers - numbers on the bases, and the team logo on their chests.

Team logo, I hear you ask, what team logo?

Well, I'm going to - ah, but that would be telling!  I'll leave you all guessing for another night - but let's just say, there is going to be a definite nod and a wink to Babylon 5...

Hopefully, by the time you read my next post, they'll be finished!

4 comments:

  1. That's a good-looking team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mr. Esty! Let's just hope I don't do anything stupid in the last stages...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing Darren, I love that moody blue. And looking at the more recent pics, I'd say you're onto a winner with that color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks VENNgeance, that means a lot to me!

    Check out my post'Who Loves Babylon 5?' to see the finished team!

    Thanks again, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete