Saturday 14 August 2010

Long Is The Way...


"Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light."
John Milton, Paradise Lost.

A bit dramatic, I admit, but that is certainly how I'm starting to feel about my current painting project.

The problem is, I decided to challenge myself with the two colours that I find the most difficult, red and black.  This was a very brave endeavor, noble even, but I think next time, I'll limit myself to only one 'problem colour' at a time.  That is not to say I'm unhappy with the way it's going at the moment, but I had hoped to have the team finished by Sunday night.  It's now late Friday / early Saturday (depending on how you want to look at it) and I think I'll be lucky to have them finished by next weekend.

Thankfully, both the reds and the blacks are almost finished, but there's still some work to do yet before I'm completely satisfied.

If you've read any of my previous posts, you'll be well aware of the work that's already gone into the Orc Blood Bowl team's red armour.  I cannot however be quite as precise about the black!

The cloth on these Orcs consists of a heady mixture of Chaos Blacks, mixes of Regal Blue, washes of Chaos Black, Badab Black and - yes - Regal Blue again.  I have some extreme highlights of Space Wolves Grey thrown in there as well, in-between all of those washes, and now I have decided to take a break and move on to the metallics and the flesh - which will then allow me to finish off what I've done so far with some sort of perspective.

Anyway, here they are at the moment:






I think I'm going to need a holiday soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment