Monday 31 May 2010

Is It Meant To Be That Colour?

Okay, so I've just finished the Orks.  Sort of.

I'm now applying a rescue coat of very thin Badab Black to the metal areas and black clothing as I seem to have been a bit over-zealous with the varnish spray.

I went absolutely mad with it to be honest and now some areas of colour have that tell-tale dusty grey sheen to them.  Hopefully the wash should sort it out.  I've had the same problem before, but on a smaller scale and it worked then.

Fingers crossed...

I still hope to get some pictures up tonight though, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before the wash dries.

Very annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that mate. I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I got a bit exuberant with the matt varnish spray on a unit of Terminators. They looked like they've been on a day trip to the Iclandic volcanos. I never did get rid of their dusty look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is, they always look great until the varnish dries.

    I should have known better, but I seem to have rescued them somewhat - the contrast on the metal isn't as high as would look good, but I think I got away with it...

    If I remember, I'll bring them to the bunker tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete